Pretty Little Things

Wednesday, November 21, 2012


A few weeks back when spring was just beginning to flirt with us I noticed a rose tree on a street near my home.

Each day when I drove past it looked more beautiful and full of something that only poets know how to describe.

I even went for a walk with  the sole purpose of being closer to this thing that had me so possessed. Up close it was precious and I was glad.

Just as my romance with this tree was beginning to take flight, the flowers fell and the tree became just a green tree amongst many. 

Then my birthday picnic came and while seeking a perfect spot at the Johannesburg Botanical Gardens we found, of course, the rose tree. Just like the one I had grown to love, but bigger and with a few remaining buds smiling at the sun.

If anything is proof that love attracts love, this is mine to claim.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share the loooove!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Fabric Of The Heart All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger