Books!

Tuesday, November 20, 2012


So Lola insisted on being in this photograph which was intended to artfully showcase the books  that Tommy got me for my birthday. 

All I was getting from her vibe is captured in the captions. Captured in the captions, I like that. 

Anyway, that's Lola. A simple and determined bibliophile. 

So back to the books, Zadie Smith is my favourite writer (sort of). For me, it is difficult to isolate a favourite, the more I read, the more I love. But it is safe to say that she is a firm favourite. Her third novel, On Beauty lives in my mind like a little snow-globe that I sometimes shake and I particularly love her collection of essays called Changing My Mind. She is so startlingly intelligent that I am torn between drunken jealousy and childlike admiration. This book is her long awaited (seven years!) fourth novel so I have great expectations. 

The other book is by a Dominican-American author, it is noteworthy that he is Dominican because well, it's cool. I read his first novel and kinda loved it and I love the title of this book so I will spend December reading and trying to ignore the blatant fact that I have been abandoned by aforementioned gift giver and overall stellar boyfriend..

1 comment:

Share the loooove!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Fabric Of The Heart All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger