Paris: The Things I Saw

Wednesday, January 22, 2014


Besides being a feast for my belly, Paris was also a feast for my eyes. 

I saw all the things that you are supposed to see. I also saw some of the things that I suspect you aren't. A stable of prostitutes (yes, that is the correct collective noun) doesn't exactly scream Gay Paree. Neither does a homeless man playing a Ninetendo DS. 

It seems as though everyone in Paris smokes and has a dog. I came back wanting a doggy of my own so badly that I've been trawling pug rescue sites late at night. These sites have some cuties but also some hounds that look as though they've been rescued from the clutches of Satan. My yet to be found pug will be baptized Princess Cheesecake and we will go on dates to Zoo Lake and stuff. I have it all planned out. 

Back to Paris, we also had the joy of seeing the Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera exhibition at the Musée de l'Orangerie

This was my favourite Rivera:


Seeing beautiful things up close, close enough to see the paint strokes is an amazing thing. The true nature of anything (people, art, life) is revealed up close, beautiful or ugly, I feel as though up close you'll know for sure. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share the loooove!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Fabric Of The Heart All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger